Join us in these exciting events!
PROGRAMME FOR 2018 / 2019
Sunday 7 April 2019 Recital Church of the Sacred Heart and St. Francis 114 Connaught Ave, Frinton-on-Sea CO13 9AD 2.30pm
Our member Gillian Wildney, organist of this church, has organised a recital to be given by Peter Crompton, a former President of the Association and Organist Emeritus at Royal Hospital School, Holbrook.
Those who attend Peter's recitals know that they will come away thrilled with his execution and musicianship. This afternoon's programme will see a small organ reveal its secrets in the hands of a master. This is a new organ by Skrabl UK which sits in the west gallery with the case built into and projecting from the gallery front. Put this event in your diary!
- Now thank we all our God JS Bach (1685-1750) (Cantata 79) arr Virgil Fox
- Chorale Prelude: O Mensch, bewein’ dein’ Sunde gross JS Bach (1685-1750)
- Fantasia in G major BWV 572 JS Bach (1685-1750)
- Adagio in G minor Albinoni (1671-1751)
- Prelude on Rhosymedre Vaughan-Williams (1872-1958)
- Will o’ the Wisp Nevin (1862-1901)
- Pavane Faure (1845-1924)
- Berceuse Vierne (1870-1937)
- Litanies Alain (1911-1940)
- Humoresque Yon (1886-1943)
- Aria Rawsthorne (1929-2019)
- Toccata Mushel (1909-1989)